Tuesday 6 November 2012

DIY: Washi Tape Tea Lights


Since the dark nights have been drawing in I've been burning a lot more candles around my flat.  I love candles and always have a supply of various kinds knocking about the place - church candles, scented candles, bog standard house candles and of course tea-lights.  Tea lights are great because you can put them almost anywhere... they look great in jars and other glassware, on pretty plates, they're okay on their own too - but recently I've been decorating them with washi tape just to make them that bit prettier.
It's so easy, and here's how I did it...


Supplies needed:
1. Tea-lights
2. Washi Tape

That's it!  Simple.  I chose to stick to a polka-dot theme, just because I love polka-dots.


Wrap the washi tape around your tea-light.  Depending on the size of your tea-light, you may need to fold the tape underneath the candle (I did).


Tear off the strip and voila!  A lovely set of patterned tea-lights.  I will be doing this all the time now, and it also gives me an excuse to extend my washi tape collection ;)
If you're interested, I sell a set of yellow and polka-dot washi tapes in my shop - you can buy them here.

Ahh, these dark nights are not so bad after all.

5 comments:

  1. I love washi tapes, just bought yet ANOTHER one today & was planning on blogging about them, but you beat me to it! Oh well, I think I'll still post something small, I'm just way too addicted. Love the DIY! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I've got LOADS of tea lights but not enough washi tape...not that I need an excuse to by washi tape but I'll use this DIY as one!
    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really pretty, such a good idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I picked up some washi tape recently but haven't really used it in any projecs yet - this looks quick and easy enough to get me started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!