Monday 25 March 2013

A weekend in Lincoln



A couple of weekends ago I visited my mum in Lincoln, the City I grew up in.  It's always so nice to go back there and revisit the places, spaces and memories I used to take for granted.  Lincoln is such a lovely city.  I feel lucky I can still go back there and stay whenever I like.  The first few photos are of The Lawn's 'hot house' (I forget it's proper name) - a place I used to frequent, well frequently.  It was a nostalgic experience walking around the warm, plant filled room, but it was also quite sad.  The funding for this wonderful and historic building has been cut and as a result it's looking rather shabby.  The plants are sparse and the place is generally in need of some TLC.  It's still quite magical though.

Oh and in case you were wondering, the beautiful lady in the photos is my mum.  Isn't she gorgeous?  I think so.

1 comment:

  1. Those buildings are so charming and beautiful! That is so the neighborhood I dream of living!

    -Adri
    http://meowcowkitty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!