Wednesday 11 July 2012

Fitness

Something needs to be done about my fitness. I've mentioned previously that I've started up pilates again, and am looking forward to the day I have more energy, flexibility and strength. This video is so inspiring to me (don't worry, I'm not going to go crazy fitness lady on you!) - how amazing is this woman? Hats off!

I love yoga and pilates because they're gentle yet challenging exercises. I think the reason I feel so sluggish sometimes is because I don't always look after myself properly, and I plan to change this. As well as changing the way I'm eating (I found out recently I have a wheat intolerance), I'm going to change the way I prioritise fitness in my life - something I have struggled with forever. As the weeks go on I'll be looking for new ways to keep myself motivated, and I'll try and keep you updated along the way.

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. WOW makenzie and i just watched that speechless-ly. i've practiced yoga off and on for the last 4ish years but WOW did not even know that was possible. kuddos for you for finding that video and wanting to get your exercise on - way inspiring.
    http://panchoandleftey.wordpress.com
    .dena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga! I've been meaning to take it up again...good luck on your goals {and thanks so much for stopping by my blog}-- I've signed up to follow you on bloglovin!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lady is amazing! I know exactly how you feel. I would love to be stronger and more flexible and not have to rely on caffeine and sugar to get me through the day - something I am working on changing. Really looking forward to your updates, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with the same things! We can get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also doing yoga, I love it, but I am not as awesome as this woman in the movie. What an amazing video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm speechless. I don't think my clumsy body is able to do something like that. That's the reason why I prefer to jog. But it would be very cool to be as strong as this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza!!! Like little.empty.room, I'm speechless too. That's incredible and such a beautiful video too. She must be so incredibly strong!

    I've been wanting to get back into yoga for years as my fitness has completely gone out the window. Reading your post and watching this video has encouraged me to get on and go. Thanks Lois! :-)

    Jo x
    harryandleelee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!