Monday 18 June 2012

Neutral


Every time I go on a photo-taking session there are outtakes.  Here are a couple I thought I'd share because they show off something I've been trying to stick to (style-wise) after making it one of my birthday goals to "find my style".  I really love simple colours or shapes with a little bit of extra something that makes the outfit interesting.  A pattern, accessory, texture or colour is all it takes (I think) to liven an outfit up.  So whilst I'm on this journey of discovery, I've been trying to take small steps and start with the basics - neutrals.


White and beige/camel - simple no?  However the pattern on this jumper makes it more interesting than your average.  I forgot to take more pictures of the details (it's all about the details!) but I'm still learning so next time I'll do a better job.

I'm enjoying documenting this stuff because it's giving me real motivation to improve each time.  And thanks so much to all of you who have given me kind words of encouragement.  It means a lot.

7 comments:

  1. You look great! Those colors look really nice, have a lovely week xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple colors! I'm all about simple & comfort myself. We are both on the same journey of discovery for our style. I'm starting with the basics but adding little bits of color & details here and there. ;) love your style! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love neutrals! And your sweater is amazing. I love the knitted texture.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! your sweater is so sweet and you looks so nice!! yes neutral colors are comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello and thank you for the comment!
    I really like classy sweaters like that. though the ones I own are mostly more like knitted tops :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute jumper! I really like it - where is it from?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day!